Life Quotes, Inc.SM (the “Company”) expects all of its employees to act in accordance with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in all aspects of their activities, to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, to deter wrongdoing and abide by the Company’s policies and procedures adopted that govern the conduct of its employees. As part of the corporate leadership team, financial officers are vested with both the responsibility and authority to protect, balance, and preserve the interests of all of the Company’s stakeholders, including stockholders, clients, employees, suppliers, and citizens of the communities in which business is conducted. Financial officers fulfill this responsibility by prescribing and enforcing the policies and procedures employed in the operation of the enterprise’s financial organization, and by demonstrating the following:
Financial officers will exhibit and promote the highest standards of honest and ethical conduct through the establishment and operation of policies and procedures that:
Honest and Ethical Conduct
- Encourage and reward professional integrity in all aspects of the financial organization, by eliminating inhibitions and barriers to responsible behavior, such as coercion, fear of reprisal, or alienation from the financial organization or the enterprise itself.
- Prohibit and eliminate the appearance or occurrence of conflicts between what is in the best interest of the Company and what could result in material personal gain for an employee, a family member or related person.
- Ensure fair dealing with customers, service providers, suppliers, competitors and employees. No employee should take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts or any unfair dealing practice.
- Protect the Company’s assets and ensure their efficient use. All Company assets should be used only for legitimate business purposes.
- Provide a mechanism for employees to inform senior management of deviations in practice from policies and procedures governing honest and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate their personal support for such policies and procedures through periodic communication reinforcing these ethical standards throughout the Company.
- Take all reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of non-public information about the Company, its customers and third parties obtained or created in connection with Company business and to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or use of such information unless required by applicable law or regulation or legal or regulatory process.
Compliance with Applicable Laws, Rules and Regulations
Financial officers will establish and maintain mechanisms to:
- Educate members of the Company about any federal, state or local statute, regulation or administrative procedure that affects the operation of the finance organization and the Company generally.
- Monitor the compliance of the Company with any applicable federal, state or local statute, regulation, listing standard or administrative rule.
- Identify, report and correct in a swift and certain manner, any possible deviations from applicable federal, state or local statute, listing standard or regulation.
Individuals will be held accountable for adherence to this Code of Ethics. Failure to observe the terms of this Code of Ethics may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Violation of this Code of Ethics may also constitute violation of law and may result in civil and criminal penalties.