July 31, 2017 1:01 PM
There are certain tax consequences that come from getting a monetary settlement, which need to be addressed when preparing your annual income tax return. Policyholders eligible for compensation are usually given several options – depending on their life insurance company. The tax ramifications will also depend on the method you choose.
Full Story »
- Know This Before Disputing A Life Insurance Beneficiary – It’s An Uphill Climb
- July 27, 2017 7:07 AM
- You hired a divorce attorney, split your possessions amicably, remarried, and lived happily ever after for 30 years. Everything’s been taken care of, right? Wrong.
Did you remember to change the beneficiary on your life insurance policy? If not, there’s a good chance your life insurance proceeds might go to your previous spouse, leaving your current partner with nothing more than a pile of bills.
Full Story »
- Category: Articles Library, Featured Articles, Featured Story, Frequently Asked Questions, Life Insurance, Most Popular, Tips, Top Headlines, Videos, Whole Life
- No Ginkgo Biloba – But These Preventive Measures Could Slow Down Dementia
- July 26, 2017 11:11 AM
- In a landmark report, scientists have endorsed three strategies for preventing dementia and cognitive decline associated with normal aging — being physically active, engaging in cognitive training and controlling high blood pressure. This is the first time experts convened by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine have deemed scientific evidence strong enough to […]Full Story »
- Category: Articles Library, Featured Articles, Featured Story, Healthcare Reform, Industry News, Life Insurance, Long-term care insurance, Medical News, More news, Most Popular, Tips, Top Headlines