- Missing Persons: When can the family expect a life insurance payout?
- Date posted: July 10th, 2011 3:03 PM
- There are many reasons why individuals take out a life insurance policy, and when the Grim Reaper is knocking on your door you know your loved ones will be taken care of… but what if you’re MIA?
According to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), as of December 31, 2010, the NCIC contained 692,944 missing person entries. NCIC statistics indicate that 19,853 out of the total missing persons are classified as missing due to involuntary circumstances such as kidnapping or abductions and 381 recorded missing persons due to a catastrophe.
Full Story »
- Category: Featured Articles, Life Insurance
- Life insurance payout may be coming to university employees
- Date posted: October 12th, 2010 11:11 AM
- Some University of South Carolina employees may see an unexpected payment coming in the mail as the result of a life insurance policy.
According to the school, about 1,800 former and current employees may be eligible to receive funds from a life insurance agreement that was recently rediscovered. As much as $4.8 million will be disbursed, the university said.Full Story »
- Category: Industry News, Life Insurance, Videos
- Life insurance benefit back for some Ohio school retirees
- Date posted: June 15th, 2010 3:03 PM
- An Ohio school placed a cap on life insurance, but will not be canceling life insurance policies for 239 disabled retirees, reports the Akron Beacon Journal.
The Akron, Ohio school will offer life insurance policies with a death benefit that will not exceed $40,000, according to the Journal. Retirees will receive 125 percent of their annual pay if the payout is less than $40,000.
Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance, More news, Top Headlines, Videos