Life insurance coverage
- Missing Persons: When can the family expect a life insurance payout?
- Date posted: July 10, 2011 3:03 PM
- There are many reasons why individuals take out a life insurance policy, and when the Grim Reaper is knocking on your door you know your loved ones will be taken care of… but what if you’re MIA?
According to the National Crime Information Center (NCIC), as of December 31, 2010, the NCIC contained 692,944 missing person entries. NCIC statistics indicate that 19,853 out of the total missing persons are classified as missing due to involuntary circumstances such as kidnapping or abductions and 381 recorded missing persons due to a catastrophe.
Full Story »
- Category: Featured Articles, Life Insurance
- New Year’s Resolution: Update your life insurance
- Date posted: December 13, 2010 4:04 PM
- As you compile your New Year’s resolutions in the coming weeks, you may want to add life insurance to your list, especially if you’ve had a major change in your life or have actually fulfilled one of those perennial resolutions and have lost weight, quit smoking or adopted a healthier lifestyle.
“The New Year is a perfect time to meet with your insurance agent or financial adviser,” says Dr. Robert Pokorski, chief medical strategist with Hartford Life. “A policy review can be very useful, both for identifying your family’s current needs and learning about new products. You may also find that purchasing additional insurance is more affordable than you thought.”
Full Story »
- Category: Featured Articles, Life Insurance, Videos