- Retirement getting trickier in down economy, but advisers can help
- Date posted: August 20th, 2010 10:10 AM
- As more and more Baby Boomers hit retirement age, the fallout from the recent economic downturn could force them to adopt more creative solutions to retirement security, including annuities, according to the New York Daily News.
Annuities are a financial instrument, typically sold by life insurance companies, that provides a guaranteed income based on the amount of money that is invested in it, the Daily News reports, adding that the investment can be made either in installments or in a lump sum.
Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance, Term Life, Tips, Videos, Whole Life
- Insurance companies could profit from longer lifespans
- Date posted: June 16th, 2010 2:02 PM
- With the medical advancements of the last few decades, the life expectancy for Americans has skyrocketed, and is showing no signs of slowing down.
A person born today could have a life expectancy that climbs to 120, according to the New York Times. Michael Diekmann, the CEO of insurer Allianz, told the paper that the only thing standing between Americans and that lifespan is obesity.
Full Story »
- Category: Industry News, Life Insurance, More news
- How to leave more behind for your beneficiaries
- Date posted: April 16th, 2010 11:11 AM
- Baby Boomers may not be known for their responsible saving habits.
However, all is not lost for those hoping to quickly set aside funds for heirs, according to a recent report by CNNMoney.com. The first step may be admitting one's financial mistakes to their potential beneficiaries, then paying for meetings with a financial adviser. This will give them an understanding of your situation and may lead to valuable lessons.Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance, Tips
- Leaving a financial legacy for survivors
- Date posted: April 15th, 2010 11:11 AM
- The baby boom generation has watched the recession cripple their retirement savings and financial assets, forcing them out of retirement and into low-paying jobs. Many Americans are now scrambling to create a savings plan that will allow them to provide for their families when they are gone.Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance, Spending, Videos