- Home » Featured Articles, Life Insurance, Medical News » Health-conscious people need to be wary of skin cancer
- Health-conscious people need to be wary of skin cancer
- March 17th, 2010 7:07 PM
Some people may question whether they need a life insurance policy when they are young and healthy. However, some dangerous diseases can manifest themselves with little warning, leading to serious health problems and even higher insurance premiums.
One example is skin cancer. A recent study appearing in the Archives of Dermatology reveals that between 1992 and 2006, there was a 76.9 percent increase in the number of Medicare recipients being treated for skin cancer. During that time period, the number rose from about 1.15 million to 2.04 million.
Older people are at a greater risk for skin cancer, although others in the high-risk pool include those who regularly use tanning beds or who spend a lot of time outside without using sunscreen.
With these things in mind, from the American Cancer Society offers these potentially life-saving tips:
- Use clothing to protect your skin.
- Wear a hat with a 2- to 3-inch brim.
- Use sunscreen and lip balm when out in the sun.
- Wear sunglasses and seek out the shade.
This article was originally published by Life Quotes, Inc.
- Category: Featured Articles, Life Insurance, Medical News
Life Insurance Quotes
Leave a Reply