December 18, 2015 3:03 AM
By Joseph M. Belth Verus Financial LLC (Waterbury, CT) audits insurance companies on behalf of state treasurers about unclaimed property held by the companies. Michael Frerichs is the Illinois State Treasurer. United Insurance Company of America (Chicago, IL), Reserve National Insurance Company (Oklahoma City, OK), and Reliable Life Insurance Company (St. Louis, MO) are among […]Full Story »
- Why does family health history matter to your underwriter?
- November 3, 2015 12:12 AM
- By Edward E. Graves (Editor, McGill’s Life Insurance, 9th Edition) Republished with permission from The American College of Financial Services Family history is considered significant because certain characteristics are hereditary. Build follows family lines, and to some extent, so do structural qualities of the heart and other organs. A greater than average susceptibility to infectious diseases may […]Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance
- Different types of annuities
- July 16, 2015 5:05 PM
- Despite gloomy economic forecasts, there are a variety of options for investors. Because annuities are tax-deferred, they are often an attractive choice.
An annuity is created when an insured party gives life insurance companies money that gets distributed back to the insured party over a certain period of time.
Full Story »
- Category: Articles Library, Life Insurance