March 7, 2014 5:05 PM
Donating to a charity can be a rewarding personal experience. Whether you choose to do this during life or by naming an organization as a beneficiary, it’s a win-win situation.
By either giving the policy to an organization or naming the organization as a beneficiary, you’ll ensure your favorite charity will receive the funds they need to help others. If you like to think outside the box, the death benefit proceeds given to your family can provide the financial flexibility to make donations to the charity of their choice.
Full Story »
- Gauging life insurance needs – with a little expert help
- March 7, 2014 2:02 PM
- The standard rules of thumb for purchasing life insurance policies - which tend to be based on income levels - may not be sufficient guidance in every case, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.
Author and expert Tim Maurer told the Tribune that consumers should consider total life insurance needs by combining four main categories: Final expenses, mortgages and other debts, income replacement, and educational funds. These will vary wildly depending on the number and age of a family's children, amount of money owed on a mortgage, and overall income level.Full Story »
- Category: Life Insurance, More news
- Annuity basics
- March 6, 2014 5:05 PM
- Despite gloomy economic forecasts, there are a variety of options for investors. Because annuities are tax-deferred, they are often an attractive choice.
An annuity is created when an insured party gives life insurance companies money that gets distributed back to the insured party over a certain period of time.
Full Story »
- Category: Articles Library, Life Insurance